Tuesday, December 6, 2011

13.1

The Nashville 1/2 Marathon
"I run for the party"-by the Hard Rock Cafe

So after doing my Insanity DVD's I felt like I wanted to do something more and get in even better shape before we have another baby. So what better than to run?! It sounded like a good idea at the time, so this summer I set the goal and signed up for the Nashville 1/2 marathon in November. 
So I did a 10 week running program to prepare, and I really had a great time doing it. 
The magic mile is 7...I have always jogged on and off. But I had never ran more than 6 miles and couldn't say I loved every second of it. Well that changed for me, fortunately...because I went way more than 6 miles! The long run that I went 7 miles was a life changer, seriously. I finally was able to pass the point of wanting to stop at a gas station and buy a snickers and get a ride home, I got into this awesome rhythm and felt wonderful, it was awesome. From that point on I really looked forward to my long Saturday runs. And I did it at the most beautiful time of year for Illinois. 
Por ejemplo...

this was from my first 13.5 mile run...views like this make it worth it!
So Nashville is 3 hours from where we live. And the day before the race I was so nervous the whole day was a horrible and I woke up every hour the night before...wow I wasnt prepared for my nerves to be so wound up! I woke up yelling "we missed it" at one point thinking I had missed the race, I was a wreck. Thankfully the  day of the weather was great, we made it in time, and all went well. I did forget my headphones = no music. And I left one of my energy GU packets in my jacket so I had to use a different flavor and brand during the race = little bit of vomit...other than that it really was a great run.


Stats: 2:04, avg 9:33 min/miles
I wanted to do it under 2 hours but I did not anticipate the amount of hills, so I ran it the same as my training pace. But for my first one I was really happy with it.

The rest of the trip...
 A little BBQ from the Famous Daves
 The Gran Ole Opry House

Thanks Nashville for the fun weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment