Here she is!


Right before baby girl came...I went on a nice steep hike! Unfortunately it just made me sore and realize how large things were getting.





Right before baby girl came...I went on a nice steep hike! Unfortunately it just made me sore and realize how large things were getting.


Sorry for the long wait on the blogging...I kinda forgot I had one.
Anyway, on November 16th 2011...baby Zaylie was born.
6Ib 7oz, 19.5" long, and a nice small 12" head (thank you baby).
All I can really say about the birth is that is was quick, like you all want this post to stay!
The day she was due I went in for a doctors visit to monitor how she was doing, I was informed she was doing great but that I had an "old uterus"...yeah, that's right, and old uterus. Well after 40 weeks of hard work that thing wanted to retire...so we only had a few more days she was allowed to bake till she was going to be ejected wither she wanted to leave or not. So that day I had them strip my membranes (uncomfortable, doesn't hurt tho) to see if that would put me into labor. And after a 3 hour mall walk, the contractions started, they weren't too painful and were like 10-15 min apart...by 11pm they were starting to hurt. My sister had been in town a week already and was leaving in the middle of the night, so she left about 3AM...no joke...My contractions went to 2min apart about 20 min after she left! So off to the hospital we went...
4 hours later (1.5 of which we waited for the doctor),
a wonderful epidural,
Cory fainting in the bathroom and landing on a plunger,
and 3 pushes later...
there was baby Zaylie! Only one day late.
I was an eventful morning and one to be remembered.
The nurse told me to page her when I felt like I had to push, about 40 minutes went by and I was feeling really nervous and very jittery...very jittery. She came back in to check on me and she was like.."Yeah, the babys head is crowned and you are like 1 push away!" No wonder I was feeling jittery, the baby was coming down the birth canal!
The moment she came into the world the mid-wife put her right up on my chest, and the emotion that swept through the air and around that sweet baby was undeniable and indescribable. It was truly the most amazing sweet spirit I had ever experienced. And a moment Cory and I will share for our lifetime.
Hooray! What's with hubby's fainting... don't they know we are the ones with the baby inside of us! HAHA! So funny though. Congrats, again! I am so excited for you. Being mama is the best thing in the whole world. It's amazing how much you can love a little creature that poops, pees and barfs all over you, hits you in the face and bites your shoulder (among other things). Enjoy each moment - they grow so fast!
ReplyDeleteShe's a beaut! I can't wait to meet the real deal!
ReplyDeleteYour Poor Sister, I feel for her- Ya, that was ME!!! But all that said, Im sure blessed to have spent a week with my favorite sis and mom. A week that i will never forget and always charrish..
ReplyDeletedid cory really faint? Now I want to hear THAT story! She is beautiful and i'm glad you remembered you have a blog :)
ReplyDelete