Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Nursury Update

So here is the bedding that I have finished so far...
I'm really happy with how everything came out, considering my skill level is low. This goes to prove that anyone can do whatever they put their mind too!!

So the comforter is pulled down on the left, and the pink sheet is peeking through on the right...this way you can see both :)
This is a blanket I made from scraps, I know all kids like to drag their blackets around and the comforter I made is to big for that. So I made this one as a carry around blankie which can get dirty. The fabric is home decor fabric making the life span long.
The back side is a minky material (which I LOVE) so she has a soft side to cuddle in


I decided to do separate bumpers for two reasons, they are super easy to take off if you are only wanting the crib partially padded and it fits nicer in the crib. The top is corded and they are double sided.
The comforter is sooo cute, its looks just like an adult one but mini :) Also corded and backed with Minky fabric.


I still have many projects to go, and have some really fun lantern lights and tissue poms to hang from the ceiling which will add a fun feeling.

I'll show final pics when it all comes together.

Projects to go:
Basket liners, diaper stacker, wall paint...and anything else that comes to mind.

8 comments:

  1. Dang girl! Your projects look great! When is baby girl coming?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! She is coming Nov 15...so I'm trying to finish up all my projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT!!! Looks so awesome!! I love the pattern and color choices!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a lucky little girl! love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the bedding. The zebra and floral together is adorable. The zebra is what really does it for me!! AND, I didn't even know you had a blog!! Hope everything is going great! I'm totally blogstalking you now :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the bedding!! And awesome job on the furniture renovation!! Have you decided on a name yet??

    ReplyDelete
  7. so adorable! It certainly doesn't look like you have a low skill level. I would say definitely intermediate! :) Good job on the projects. did you use a pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks everyone! I dont have a name yet..just a list of favs so when she is born she can pick her own. If you have any good ones you want me to steal pass them my way.
    I did not use a pattern for any of it...I never found a pattern that I liked for all the seperate pieces so I just googled what other people had done and how they did it, and then did my own version, that way I got the customized look that i wanted.

    ReplyDelete