Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Furniture Renovation

I love decorating shows and seeing people create things on a budget...well I figured since I took up sewing...and I already love cooking....I might as well restore furniture!

These were really fun projects, and I still have much more to do.
Here is the before of our now bedroom furniture...it was a really classy particle board set (eww!) FYI, particle board is not usually used to paint over or re-due, but it for a cheap easy make-over it's the perfect option. I picked black because I hadn't really seen it used with crackle paint before and thought this was good furniture to test it out on. Typically, crackle paint looks great in white, and soft antique colors. So here it is black, and its does look better in real life.

BEFORE...
(sorry there is not a before of the head board)



AFTER...
I did black crackle paint over the natural wood color underneath. It turned out to make a neat jungle/rustic look.
Don't mind the bad shots, I wasn't planning on blogging about this. And don't mind the open drawers it was drying in the pics.


$20 purchase for all of it...not a bad deal :)
I had a lot of fun doing this, in hindsight I would have practiced before using crackle paint, it is very temporal mental and hard to work with. Plus, it gave my life purpose after moving and adjusting to a new place. Projects always help!

1 comment:

  1. I like it!!! I love hearing about other cheap but practical projects. And I miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete