This is my view...
My babies head against me nursing. Little patchy hair. The sweet smell of milk and spit up. Oh what they don't tell you about having kids!
Everyday I tell myself I have nothing to do and nothing to accomplish except keep the kids alive :) haha...seriously tho.
I can honestly say I am not a born mother, I am uneasy being home 24/7 and must must must have something to accomplish or I feel worthless. Unfortunately our world doesn't tell you an awesome day could be holding your baby all day or a really productive one is when everyone gets fed on time. So I have been doing a little self coaching and am starting to feel better about my days one at a time.
Sure I love my days I "do a lot" but I'm wising up and realizing raising kids is a full time job and I should be happy about being home all day. Now, some may be saying "duh! I wish I could stay home!" Or saying "this chicks crazy!" But we are not all the same and were not all born wanting the same things.
I am realizing how lucky I am to see these babies grow before my eyes.
They may have 2 week nursing strikes that make me want to pull my hair out.
Or tell me "you're a turd mom!" (Yes, we are at the repeating phase)
But, slowly and surely my role as a mini van driving, soccer mom are growing on me :)

I completely understand! Sometimes I make a list of everything I did, so that I feel productive...then I realize it's laundry and dishes and I'll have to do it all again within a day or two! Haha.
ReplyDelete